Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Childhood Dreams

When I was small, I used to think about life
My Dreams to catch and my heart its base
She told me that I could always be that man
Only if I would give my heart its dreams
So I chased the dreams of my childhood joy
As the years passed me by and I grew older
So I drifted from one place to another in hope
I jumped the rivers, and climbed my mountains
Yet when I looked, it seemed that my dreams
Where further than I had imagined in time
My eyes shone like the stars of the night crying
As I searched the heavens for a way in my desert
For every path, looked the same and identical
I could not understand how I got so lost
With no compass to guide me, in life’s journey
Here in this unchartered waters I roamed
Aimlessly seeking hope and destination
Broken down with time and numberless day
I wonder if my childhood dreams can be real
I have loaded my life, with its promise of joy
I have seen the things, which life can offer me
Now that I have known better, in my heart
I have come to realize; it’s just a waste of time
Its starring at the mirror hopping it would change
For my dreams are never meant to be caught
Or else, they wouldn’t be called ‘my dreams’.

No comments:

Post a Comment