Monday, June 11, 2012

Fading Hopes

If I asked you for good news … would you smile and walk away
Pretending that what I said was irrelevant to you in any way at all
Just letting me stand there staring at your back as you say nothing
Would you look past me and help these fading dreams of mine
For the fire that burns inside me is quietly drawing itself to a close
For my youth is running out and Life is not making it any easier
Don’t just stand there as I chase these Dreams that are too high
Look upon my soul and come to my rescue, for it’s the right thing
For today, I am in need of thy help, the morrow; you never know

See how life is slipping ... gradually from my grip into oblivion
Am finding it very hard to breathe, with fire burning down on me
As my heart cracks into a zillion bits with no Ray of Hope in Sight
This is like a bad dream and I am too scared to wake up and run
Would you be that special one among the many that I might know
That would make that little difference and put me back in Shape
For this; is the solemn request that I have put to thee in need
That it might be well and all that are around my humble vain soul
That my thousand dreams might be fulfilled in the hope of glory

No comments:

Post a Comment