Monday, October 14, 2013

Look at me now on top the World

I have lived my life, in all the ways I have known
I have been down in the grave, with the dead
There were times when I knew that Death was better
And all that I had done meant nothing to anyone

I have been in the World and paid well in full!
All the scars are showing on my skin and soul
There were times when I had no hope of tomorrow
And all was at a standstill save the clock ticking!

Looking back now, what can I change; nothing
Got all these scars, what else can I loose; nothing?
You have no idea, where I have been through…
Cause you see me here, I’ve paid all my dues

The dues were painful, harsh and bitter-lined
In sorrows, I struggled begged even to death
I was down; into deep Earth, I took all the heat,
With my life dangling on a strand of the Air

Now that I am standing up, let me be alone
Don’t come here saying you want to share
This fame of fortune that I have gotten from Life
For when I paid those dues, you weren’t there

Now am up, living high, like a king that I am
And not eating with the dead like the Vulture
Oh, Life has showed me, what it’s made off!
And am grateful for the Phenomenon it took

For am alive today, as a result of this singularity
That Life picked me and showed me all its wonders
In its own moment of Time and elegance
For it wasn’t mine but that of a simple Miracle

12th October 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment