Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Colours of the Earth

What do you see? Colours of different kinds
Look! Behold the colours of the earth
Oh, how I wish I wasn’t a colour
In which the earth was painted
See what the beauty beholds
For the blind, lame, dumb and deaf
How beautiful and pleasant to see
The colours of life, so pure, so nice
How I wish that the unborn babies
Do not see all these colours I see;
For the colour of the human heart
According to the word of God
Is desperately and wonderfully wicked
I have searched in the depths of man
And found nothing but bitterness and evil
Which has caused me to human thoughts
To see the colours of the earth
In the plants and mammals
In the waters and on land
And to know that in everything
The Earth is a place where men
Paints according to his heart desire

31st Mar. 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment