Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Father

My Father, I do not know you, but sometimes I wish I did
Now I am about to be one, I wish I knew what to do
You were never there when I needed a father to talk to
The first thing about fatherhood; Hopelessly do I not know
How do I now teach my son how to be a good boy?
I am on this path that I have no idea what it means
The very one, I looked up for you, to show me the way
Ah, oh my! Now I have to lead my son; your grandson
To follow a path that I am nothing but a total stranger
I never knew you but I wish I did, even a little bit
This is life; the past is rock solid for it cannot change
Tomorrow, I celebrate a new life born unto me
This I can only promise you, that I would always be here
And never leave them no matter how much life pushes
You have done your mistake and its cost; was a part me
I won't make the same, for I have learnt the hard way
That I might be in his life to show him the way forward
All that I know is my Mother, which I can’t teach my son
My Father; your actions many years ago, was bad
For that you would never be a part of your grandson’s life

No comments:

Post a Comment