Thursday, January 7, 2010

Africa

My Africa, the Pride of our Father's past and our Children unborn
i wish they can see the kind of disharmony we are living in now
and tell us if this is the African Continent that they dreamed off
the continent that is blessed beyond its own capacity of Riches
yet live in the poorest conditions of this mighty and global world
i have refused to understand to the negativity of my positivity
In the eyes of the Almighty, it is said that all Men are Equal
my foreign Brothers claim 'it is a fundamental attribution error'
I have seen the untold and the unholy and both reside in my Africa

who can save my people from the pains and troubles they go through
and bless their soul from the unwritten oppression that befall them
Africa who can you call as thy own Son on the foreign Land

2 comments:

  1. you're really amazing. I'm impressed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. moving. it has the music of poetry, the tragedy of drama and yet it flows like prose. you should keep on writing, my brother. c.

    ReplyDelete