Thursday, January 7, 2010

PROMISE LAND

A wise one once told me that if i am looking for the Promise Land
then i should start thinking beyong the walls of my quiet life
I asked how would i know if i had the courage to lead the lost
I who the Almighty can trust to faithfully lead the people of God

We are going to the Promise Land so have my African leaders said
from the 1960's and 70's, i have been told that we shall be there
but everytime i thought that we were in the right direction
i realised that we are further going into the path of destruction

The Peace that resides in me, have made me understand that
I can never be free from the shackles that our leaders have kept us
until i can prove within my own fearful soul that i am courageous
then i can take our people and show them the way to Zion.

In ignorance i asked, who shall help me get the people across?
and how would I know when my People are ready to move
he said that i should let my soul be guided by the Spirits
that rules over all the forces of the Earth and the Heavens

How i wish that i can understand just a fraction of all, he said
for now i am stuck here and i cannot see the way forward
the path that opens before me are in many ways unknown
it seems that i too have lost my way like those before I

There is no crime for one to loose his path in his journey
but its a mistake to remain on the lost path when you know
I have looked up to the Spirits of life to set me back on track
and asked the Holy One to show me the way to lead My People

1 comment:

  1. Nice one, we hope these things work well....

    ReplyDelete